Monday, December 12, 2005

My Birthday Fun!

Don't forget to bake your Stollen!

As you know it was birthday on the weekend, and I promised some photos!!!
I had sooooooooooo soooooooooo much fun, and I would like to thank everyone for their lovely birthday wishes!

So I woke up, and Casey gave me a digital camera!!!! A nikon Coolpix 4600 which is tiny (130gms) and is perfect for super sneaky food photo ops ;) Plus I think the photos are really good too for a budget camera and the controls are super simple.

Because it was my birthday I had complete control MUAH HAHAHHAHA over what we did and what I got to take photos of. Well what I wanted to do was to go to Paddington Markets, so we decided to go have breakfast on Oxford St. We ended up at Cafe Brioso which is right next Paddington Markets seemed as it seemed like a likely suspect for a breakfast location, especially since they roast their own coffee on the premises. ;)

Well this is my coffee, looks good? Well it was not too bad at all, it definately wasn't stale. I had a double flat white mmmm coffee.

Sitting next to us in the cafe was a french couple, they were having the croissants for breakfast and they smelt sooo good. So I was inspired to have the same, they were pretty good, except they toasted them on the inside, what's up with that? Isn't the good part of a croissant that the inside is so.... croissanty?

Casey had a ham and cheese croissant and he liked it

This is the cafe, it is in a good location and was lovely to sit at on a nice summers day, especially when it is your birthday!

This is Paddington Markets, they are a nice location, and focus more on handmade goods like jewellery and clothes

They also have food. Just like this incredibly yummy homemade lace espresso icecream sandwhich! Which is made by Pat and Stick's Homemade Icecream co. If you are looking for something special I definately recommend them! YUM!

We then went on to Chinatown and Casey bought me a scratchie, look how lucky I was! But the next two were both Losers so I can't be that lucky.

By now I was getting alittle peckish and we decided to go to Saint Honore cakeshop, which is on Sussex street.

Look at a selection of the fabulous breads that you can get. They are incredibly cheap and good!

We shared a chicken and mushroom bun and a BBQ pork bun, the cost a whole.... $1.80 for the two of them!!!

here is the inside of the BBQ porkbun, see all the meat. YUM!

After this we went down to the beach and had a swim. The water is very warm in Sydney at the moment, 21C so get down there!

So are you glad I have a new camera so that I can take photos ANYWHERE? Cause I sure am, and I have lots more phtographs to come!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That present was SO worth waiting for! Sounds/looks like a perfect day. It's 50 degrees this morning. I'm missing the summer and the beach already!

Happy Birthday again! 

Posted by amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare - A most delici-yoso Happy Birthday to you! Can't wait to see more photos with your new camera. 

Posted by Kirk

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you celebrated in the best way possible-doing all the things YOU wanted, and eating lots of good food. Can't wait to see more pictures from the new camera. 

Posted by Kristi

Anonymous said...

Wowee! What a birthday! It doesn't get much tastier than that. Well. . . cake. . . : ) I can't believe you had one of my all time favorite foods in the whole wide world on your birthday AND put up a photo of it. Yes, pork buns!!!!! So glad you enjoyed your day. Wishing you many, many, more, dear friend. : ) 

Posted by farmgirl

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Clare! I can tell from the photos that it was a delicious one. 

Posted by Nic

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hear Sydney is enjoying really beautiful weather : ) Make sure you take lots of yummy food pictures with that new camera! 

Posted by Kimbie

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Clare! I bet you will get quite a bit of use out of the new camera! 

Posted by Joe

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare,

Happy Birthday to you! =) Sure looks like you and Case had a great time.... 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare, so glad you had a good b'day sorry we were really busy and didn't call but I was very happy to spend a really good birthday eve with you. XXOO all our love,

Richard and Rachel 

Posted by Rachel

Anonymous said...

Oooh, lucky you! Happy belated b'day from me, too. Mine's going to be very quiet this year, but next year...I'll have to really live it up to compenaste. Great pics. Great present. 

Posted by B'gina

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy
Even though it almost made me crazy not knowing what it was, it was definately worth it!!

Hi Kirk
You sure are sweet!

Hi Kristi
UHUH That is sooo right! And I had a great time :)

Hi FG
Yep NO CAKE!!! It was sacrilgious ( to us anyway) But yes, pork buns are VERY GOOD!

Hi Nic
Thank you!! Yeo it was :)

Hi Kimbie
The weather in Sydney at the moment is GLOURIOUS :) we just had a little cool change which will hopefully ensure the weather stays nice and not stiffling :)

Hi Joe
I think I already have hhehehe :)

Hi Reid!
Thanks :) We did :)

Hi Rachel...
Your lucky.... LOL

Hi B'gina
So your birthday is soon?
Glad you like the pics :) I am very happy! 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Clare,

Happy belated birthday!!! HUGZ :) It looks like you had an awesome time together! :D  

Posted by milgwimper

Anonymous said...

What a lovely birthday-day! I'm glad you love your camera so we can benefit from your outings;) 

Posted by KT

Post a Comment