Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas in the City

I decided that it is time for me to really start to get into the "Christmas Spirit". So I thought that if I shared my images of Sydney at Christmas it would be a great place to start!

Actually I am quite impressed with the Christmas flags that the City of Sydney has come up with this year, they are christmasy yet with Australian themes, and alot of the flagshave been translated into other languages.

So this is a picture of Town Hall on George St in the CBD

This is looking North from just up the road from Town Hall, with the QVB (Queen Victoria Building) in the Left Hand Side and Galleris Victoria on the right

This is looking south from the same location

This is a close-up of the flags outside Town Hall and shows the multi lingual signs

These Flags are in Kingsford and the flags are different as this is know the city of Randwick (still in Sydney though!) This is the home of UNSW and cheap Indonesian Cuisine!

I hope you like my effort to get into the Christmas Spirit, I know a few more good shots I am going to include.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have an idea! What about Weekend Christmas Blogging? 

Posted by amy

Anonymous said...

Yep
Pity Christmas doesn't last the whole year! 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

I love the flags! What a great idea for a post. : ) 

Posted by farmgirl

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.. really pretty. I especially like multi-lingual aspect. Neat! And I love looking at photos of the way other countries decorate for the holidays. Keep 'em coming! 

Posted by Kristi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pics...The only pics you ever see of Sydney are of the Opera House...I've never actually seen any pictures of anything else! 

Posted by KT

Post a Comment